What a Great Idea!

Thoughts on using problem solving and applied creativity techniques to promote social change. I'll be offering some of my own project ideas as well.

Name:
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, United States

I'm a sociologist who has done research, taught sociology, worked as a VISTA, and done lots of writing. My goal is to write nonfiction that will encourage people to look at the world in a different, but positive, way.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Odd but Useful Activism Questions

Random input is a popular brainstorming technique, described in several books on creative thinking. I just thought I would share some random input, in the form of seemingly silly questions:
1. How is a fundraising campaign like a wedding?
2. How is an education campaign like a lizard?
3. How is activism like housework?
4. How is fundraising like jogging?
5. How is a social service agency like a street gang?
How do you answer such questions? Ask yourself about the attributes or characteristics associated with, for example, lizards. Take each item on your list and see if the suggest a new way of running a public education campaign.
If any of those five crazy questions prompts some useful ideas, please leave me a comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home