What a Great Idea!

Thoughts on using problem solving and applied creativity techniques to promote social change. I'll be offering some of my own project ideas as well.

Name:
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, United States

I'm a sociologist who has done research, taught sociology, worked as a VISTA, and done lots of writing. My goal is to write nonfiction that will encourage people to look at the world in a different, but positive, way.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

How to Raise Money, Creatively

Just a few random thoughts on fundraising:

1. Sometimes it must be possible to forget about money and (a) barter for the goods or services you need, or (b) get in-kind contributions to meet your operating needs. This probably won’t work when it comes to things like salaries, rent, consulting fees, or utility bills. However…

2. Brainstorming often works, even when it comes to dealing with money problems. Look for new appeals, new audiences, and new promotional media. You can do simple, old-fashioned brainstorming on one of those subjects. You could try a formal idea-generating method like SCAMPER, attribute listing, or morphological analysis.

3. Don’t fundraise without knowing some copywriting principles!!! I don’t care how small or cash-strapped your organization happens to be.

Maybe these thoughts will spawn some creative and practical thinking on how to get the resources you need. Let me know what you think, or what ideas you get. My idea is to look for ways to generate resources for my own humble group - IdealistDC.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home